Saturday, September 8, 2012

Artist Takes Every Drug Known to Man, Draws Self Portraits After Each Use

mushrooms__ 

This is all kinds of cool, and everything your mother told you not to do. Bryan Lewis Saunders is an artist from Washington D.C., not just any artist though. Saunders prefers to take a more unconventional approach to his artwork.
Arguably his most interesting project, entitled DRUGS is described as follows:
“After experiencing drastic changes in my environment, I looked for other experiences that might profoundly affect my perception of the self. So I devised another experiment where everyday I took a different drug and drew myself under the influence. Within weeks I became lethargic and suffered mild brain damage. I am still conducting this experiment but over greater lapses of time. I only take drugs that are given to me.” 
After the jump, you can view a collection of portraits Saunders drew while under the influence of various substances ranging from cocaine, to marijuana, to DMT. Each portrait is an astonishing look into the mind of someone tweaked out on drugs, something that your eyes will surely appreciate.

Abilify / Xanax / Ativan

90mg Abilify

1 sm Glass of “real” Absinth

10mg Adderall

 

10mg Ambien

 

Bath Salts

 

15mg Buspar (snorted)

 

4 Butalbitals


Butane Honey Oil


250mg Cephalexin

 

1/2 gram Cocaine

 

Computer Duster (2 squirts)

 

2 bottles of Cough Syrup

 

1 “Bump” of Crystalmeth

 

4mg Dilaudid

 

1 shot of Dilaudid / 3 shots of Morphine


DMT

 

60mg Geodon

 

Hash

 

Huffing Gas

 

Huffing Lighter Fluid

 

7.5mg Hydrocodone / 7.5mg Oxycodone / 3mg Xanax

 

3mg Klonopin

 

10mg Loritab

 

Marijuana (Kine Bud)

 

G13 Marijuana

 

Morphine IV


Psilocybin Mushrooms (2 caps onset)

 

2mg Nicotine Gum

 

Nitrous Oxide

 

Nitrous Oxide / Valium I.V.


PCP


7.5mg Percocet


2 Pot Brownies

 

1 Glass of Pruno

 

Marijuana Resin

 

4mg Risperdol

 

Ritilin (doseage unknown-snorted)

 

Salvia Divinorum (right before but mostly right after)

 

100mg Seroquel

 

100mg Trazadone

 

20mg Valium

 

Valium I.V. (doseage unknown in hospital)

 

Valium IV, (Albuterol, Saline & Oxygen) mixture

 

2mg Xanax

 

50mg Zoloft (after 2 weeks prescribed)

 

10mg Zyprexa

 

Ativan / Haloperidol (doseage unknown in hospital)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment